Ingredients3/4 pound Kerrygold Irish Butter 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 3/4 cup raspberry jam 1 tablespoon honey 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add these dry ingredients to the butter-and-sugar mixture and mix
- Dust a cutting board with flour and turn the mixture onto it and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least an hour and up to a day.
- Dust the countertop with flour and roll the dough ¼-inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters or free form cut with a paring knife, make hearts and squares, and X's and O's with the dough (the ones you will be making sandwiches from should be in pairs of the same size with a "window" for the jam cut out of one side only).
- Place the cookies on baking trys lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges just barely hint at changing color.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Add the honey to the jam and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Spread the honey raspberry jam on the top of each solid cookie.
- Press the bottom of the cut-out cookies onto their matching bottoms, pressing the two cookies together to make a sandwich.
- Dust some of the cookies with confectioner's sugar.