Ingredients2 pounds ground pork 4 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane 2 tablespoons lemongrass, minced 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1 tablespoon fish sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Grapeseed oil 8 brioche slider rolls 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 4 Persian cucumbers 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced Cilantro, leaves only 1 cup mayonnaise, divided in half 1 tablespoon Maggi season 1 tablespoon sriracha
Ingredients for the Pickled Daikon and Carrot1 cup daikon, peeled and julienned 1 cup carrot, peeled and julienned 1/2 cup rice vinegar 1/2 cup warm water 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions for the Sliders
- Prepare the OFYR Grill (or any other grill, or see Grilling Notes for stovetop preparation).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pork, garlic, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Avoid compacting the pork too much (leave it as loose as possible while still mixing in all of the ingredients).
- Divide the pork into 8 equal (4 ounce) portions and form into patties 1/4" wider than the buns (the burgers will shrink slightly when they are grilled).
- Brush the tops and the bottoms of the brioche buns with the melted butter.
- Slice the Persian cucumber into thin ribbons and the jalapeño into thin rings. Pull the cilantro leaves from the stems. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with the Maggi seasoning and the other 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with the sriracha. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread a very small amount of grapeseed oil to the area on the OFYR ring that will be used to grill the burgers.
- Place the sliders on the ring of the OFYR and cook until a nice deep caramel crust has formed on one side. Flip the burgers and move them further out on the ring to slow cooking and allow the centers to finish cooking without overcooking the second surface. Grill until the centers are no longer pink.
- Place the buns, butter side down, on the OFYR ring and toast for 1 minute, or until the surfaces are golden brown.
- Place the grilled burgers on the bun, top with one of the sauces, add 2 slices of cucumber, a bit of the pickled vegetables, cilantro leaves, and jalapeño slices. Serve immediately.
Directions for the Pickled Daikon and Carrot
- Combine the rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the daikon and carrot. Allow to marinate for at least an hour on the counter, or up to 24 hours refrigerated. Drain before serving.