- Preheat OFYR Grill (or other gas or charcoal grill) to medium high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil around the outer ring and place eggplant, zucchini and tomato slices directly on the ring. Sprinkle with salt and cook until caramelized on one side.
- Flip over and sprinkle other side with salt, drizzle vegetables with more olive oil and continue to cook until tender and lightly charred on both sides.
- Remove vegetables from grill as they are cooked through, which may vary by vegetable and amount of heat.
- Sear figs directly on the lightly oiled OFYR ring, cut side down, until softened and caramelized. Remove from grill and reserve.
- Heat a Staub Cast Iron gratin over high heat on the OFYR ring. Add the cherry tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook until blistered and beginning to burst, then remove from the gratin from the OFYR and reserve.
- Griddle halloumi slices directly on lightly oiled OFYR on both sides until crispy and golden brown. Remove from heat and reserve.
- On a serving platter, layer eggplant, zucchini, and tomato slices. Sprinkle with a bit of red wine vinegar and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with griddled halloumi, seared figs, and blistered tomatoes.
- Drizzle with vinegar and oil and sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the salad.
- Scatter with basil and edible flowers. Serve immediately.
Very little oil is needed to grill on the OFYR. If cooking on a traditional gas or charcoal grill, more oil will be needed to prevent sticking. The recipe may also be made indoors in an oven. Simple roast the vegetables and fruit in a 400 F. degree oven and fry the halloumi on top of the stove in a lightly oiled heavy cast iron skillet.