For the salad
For the dressing
Directions for the Dressing
1. Place the oil, lemon juice, Dijon, and garlic in a blender or small food processor and process until the dressing is emulsified.
2. Add the mustard, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and whirr to combine. Taste for seasoning, and add seasonings to taste. Reserve.
Directions for the Salad
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil for 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a skewer. Drain the potaoes in colander. Cover the potatoes with a towel and let steam for 10 minutes. Cool, cut in to 1/4" slices, sprinkle with champagne vinegar, and reserve.
- In another pot of boiling salted water add the haricot verts, cook for one minute, drain, and plunge into an ice bath. When cool pat dry and reserve.
- In a medium pot, cover 4 eggs with cold water. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from water, run under cold water for 1 minutes. Crack, remove shells. Slice into halves and then into quarters.
- On a large platter, arrange the lettuce and radicchio leaves.
- Pile the potatoes, cucumber and radish slices into separate piles on the plate.
- Place the green beans over the plate in two piles.
- Drizzle a bit of the dressing over the greens, potatoes, cucumber, radishes, and beans.
- Tuck the tomatoes, eggs, olives, and anchovy filets around the plate.
- In the center of the plate, drop the tuna and finish with a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Pass the remaining dressing at the table.