- Heat a Staub cast iron mini cocotte on the outer ring of the OFYR grill.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and melt until foaming then add the chili crisp or garlic, chile de árbol, and hot sauce. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the remaining butter, stirring occasionally until melted and combined, adding more chile de árbol crisp as desired. Season with the salt to taste (go easy, the oyster brine contributes salinity).
- Place the shucked oysters in their shells over the high heat on the grill grate of the OFYR grill. Grill oysters until the juices begin to steam and the edges begin to curl.
- Drizzle generously with the chile de árbol butter and cook until the the butter is bubbling and the oysters are frim and cooked.
- With an oyster plate serve immediately on the halfshell, hot off the grill.
Large plump oysters are best for grilling as their large deep pocketed shells leave plenty of room when shucked for sauces. The recipe is easy to adapt to stove top, and gas or charcoal grills. If cooking stove top, preheat a large cast iron pan in the oven for 30 minutes at 500 degrees F., move to stove top and proceed (a cover for a minute or two will help retain the heat and get the butter bubbling before overcooking the oysters). Any hot sauce may be substituted for the Kitchen Garden Farms Organic Hot Sauce. One tablespoon (or more) chili crisp may be substituted for the garlic chile de árbol, hot sauce mixture.