Ingredients1 wood fired pizza crust 1/4 cup fig jam 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced as thinly as possible 8 dried figs 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves 3 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil 4 teaspoons syrupy balsamic vinegar 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced 1 scallion, green and white parts thinly sliced 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Soak the figs in boiling hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and slice the fig from top to bottom into thin slices.
3. Heat the fig jam in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it spread easily. If still too thick, add a 1/2 teaspoon water and stir.
4. Place the sliced scallions in ice water for 5 minutes until they curl. Remove, pat dry, and reserve.
5. Brush the pizza crust all over with the fig jam.
6. Top with the mozzarella, figs, gorgonzola, garlic cloves, pepper, and olive oil. Drizzle the pizza with 2 tablespoons of the syrupy balsamic.
7. Place the pizza directly on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake until the pizza crust turns golden and crispy, about 2 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven. Top with the prosciutto and scallions. Drizzle the remaining balsamic syrup over the top and finish with a sprinkling of flakey sea salt. Slice into wedges. Serve immediately.