A tribute to leaf peeping season, these fall pumpkin spice muffins are a gorgeous burnt orange color and fill the house with the spicy warm scent of autumn baking. Perfect for the Thanksgiving table, perfect as a snack, and perfect even when craved in February, this is an easy quick (under 5 minutes to mix up) bread recipe to be shared for generations among friends and family.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease or spray two mini muffin tins.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Blend in pumpkin.
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add alternately with the milk to the pumpkin batter. Do not over mix.
- Fill each well of the greased muffin tins with batter 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the muffins begin to pull away from the edges of the pan.
This recipe is easily doubled. These muffins freeze well and reheat nicely. Squash and sweet potatoes are equally good in this recipe. If using sweet potato, simply poke holes in two or three potatoes, microwave for 7 minutes, and roast at 375 degrees F. until super soft and silky inside.