- Combine almond meal and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and add the maple syrup and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of an electric stand mixture, whisk egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the eggwhite mixture into the almond meal batter.
- Spoon silver dollar sized cakes onto a lightly oiled OFYR outer ring. Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until the cakes are golden brown.
- Pour honey onto medium hot OFYR outer ring and cook until foaming and just starting to caramelize.
- Add fruit cut side down and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until juices are released and fruit is beginning to soften. Add butter and swirl with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Serve fruit hot atop griddle cakes, dolloped with labneh or strained greek yogurt and garnished with any edible garden or wild flowers.
Honey may be substituted for the pure maple syrup. Almond flour may be substituted for the almond meal but will make the griddle cakes slightly more cakey and will have a more subtle almond flavor. Be careful not to over fold the egg whites, or the cakes will not be as fluffy.