Ingredients1/4 cup mayonnaise 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 lime, juiced 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon sweet paprika 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 cup cilantro, minced 2 cups water 1 cup whole milk 1 cup quick grits 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar, coarsely grated 1 jalapeño 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined Cilantro microgreens, blue potato chips, lime wheels, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the OFYR Grill, or altnernatively heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
- When the OFYR is hot, place a jalapeño on the ring to char a bit on all sides (or in the preheated cast iron skillet) . Remove the chili from the OFYR or skillet, let cool, slice in half and remove the seeds (leaving the seeds will result in spicier grits), and mince. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, chilis, garlic, lime juice, cumin, paprika, and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill them.
- Place a small pot on the OFYR ring (or stovetop), bring the water and milk to a boil. Immediately add the grits and whisk until incorporated. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the cheese and the chopped jalapeños.
- While the grits are cooking, place the marinated shimp on the ring of the OFYR (or in the preheated skillet). Grill (or cook) the shrimp for 2 minutes and flip (there should be a nice crust formed on each shrimp), grill for 1 to 2 minutes more depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Scoop the grits into martini glasses, or small bowls, and hang the shrimp around the edge.
- Garnish with a blue chip, microgreens, a lime, and a jalapeño wheel. Serve immediately.