When life gives you grapefruit, ask for some tequila and salt...and a bottle of Haus' newest addition, grapefruit jalapeño. Riffing on Europe's apéritif culture, a third generation California wine making family decided to give this tradition an American spin. The result is an apéritif made with all the good stuff: ingredients sourced from organic farms, not factories, real fruits and botanicals. Stronger than wine, but lighter than whiskey, Haus apéritifs provide a modern way to drink and socialize. With or without the splash of a smooth tequila, this is a sip all night apéritif meant to be shared with friends when we are relaxing and keeping good company. All of the complexity of a really good cocktail, this subtlety infused jalapeño grapefruit cocktail is bright and refreshing--think of it a little like Sonoma sunshine captured in a bottle.
Ingredients2 ounces Haus Grapefruit Jalapeño Squeeze fresh grapefruit Squeeze fresh lime Splash tequila or mezcal Ice Lemon, garnish Kosher salt, for glass rim
- Rub the lemon around the rim of a cocktail glass.
- Pour kosher salt (about 1/4 cup) on to a small plate.
- Turn the glass upside down and twist the glass in the kosher salt to distribute salt around the rim of the glass.
- Add all of the ingredinets except salt and lemon to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into a glass filled with ice. Serve immediately.