Ingredients2 heads organic cauliflower 1 1/4 cups Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 3 ounces Point Reyes Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the OFYR.
- Turn the cauliflower so the stem is facing up. Cut out the core and remove any tough, thick stem pieces. Use a knife to carefully cut florets from the head into equal sizes florets (they will cook evenly).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and blanche for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pot, run under cold water, and then dry thoroughly on a flour sack towel.
- Add the buffalo hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small cast iron pot. Place the pot on the OFYR and let it bubble and toil.
- Put the drained cauliflower on a cast iron plate and spoon 3/4 of the sauce onto it. Roll around so all sides are coated.
- Place the cauliflower directly on the OFYR ring and cook, turning from time to time until the cauliflower is charred.
- Just before removing from the OFYR, spoon the remaining buffalo sauce over the cauliflower, toss the cauliflower to coat, and cook another minute or two.
- Remove from the grill, immediately sprinkle the blue cheese over the top so that it begins to melt. Serve immediately.
Any buffalo hot sauce will do. The cauliflower may be blanched and refrigerated a day in advance. Point Reyes Blue Cheese is a California classic rindless blue with an addictive flavor profile boasting sweet cream milk and a peppery punch.